Wow, that’s a wrap on 2021 and I can’t say I’m sorry. I thought I’d kick off looking back on 2021 and towards 2022 for my writing life.
The year started with my father going to hospital on the first and honestly it’s been a mixed bag since. I lost the first two weeks of January and I was playing catch up for months. (An excellent lesson in not being so last-minute).
I do try to find the good, so here we go:
- I released Saltwater Tears and Saltwater Wishes in the first quarter of 2021. I love these stories and the town of Marlin Shores – I have ideas for some more stories set there.
- I finished my Upper Crust Series with Any Way You Wish It – there may be a spin off trilogy, we shall see.
- I released 7 shorts for one pen name in the first half of 2021. That was a lot of fun and that pen name taught me a lot!
- I walked away from a couple of writing commitments that were no longer brining me enough joy for the time invested. (This was huge for me!)
- I went to Melbourne in May for a week long intensive with a fellow writer and I got all my admin done and that hard work tripled my income in 2 months.
- My co-author and I released 6 novels and a list building novella between June and December for our shared pen name. This pen name has been a source of both joy and success for me and the highlight of my year in so many ways.
- My March release for a new multi-author series is already written.
- My newsletter building/free novella for another new pen name is already written.
- I joined two writing groups here in the Newcastle/Hunter region and made lots of new writing friends.
- I started doing plotting consults for Love Kissed Promotions and that’s been lots of fun and super interesting.
- I have a new release in March.
- I will put together a box set for the Marlin Shores trilogy in the first half of 2022
- I’m launching a new pen name in March and plan to release 4 books for that name in 2022
- I’m expanding my online paperback store to include more of my newer titles in January/February
- My co-writer and I have at least 10 books planned for our shared pen name
- I’m on the schedule to speak at RWA (Australia) in August about surprise surprise, Launching a Niche Genre Pen Name. (I don’t know that I’ll get to go with border issues, but I’ll cross my fingers)
- I’m hoping to go to 20booksvegas – an awesome writing conference I made it to in 2018 and for obvious reasons didn’t get back to.
- I’m rebranding a couple of my series
- I’m hoping to get my business Indie Author Rescue running properly so I can assist more authors (I do know how to finish a book, manage my time and launch a book that much i certain)
- I know it will be my best year yet!
I hope you have big plans for 2022, do share them with me.
That is a serious year of achievement. I’m hugely impressed and a little jealous! Congratulations and may 2022 prove to be even more successful.
Thanks lovely, I really didn’t realize all that had happened, such was the blur that was 2021. Big things for us both in 2022 I say!
Let’s hope so!