I know lots of authors who do character interviews with their characters and I thought now that Mr Right and Other Mongrels has been out a while I would do an interview with Allegra – just to check in and see how she’s doing.
1. Hi Allegra, thanks for agreeing to be interviewed. I know you’re quite private so I appreciate it.
No problem. It does feel a bit weird having all this attention, honestly. My friends say now that I’m going out with a celebrity I might have to learn to adjust.
2. So speaking of celebrities, how is Teddy going?
He’s fine. He’s in L.A. working on his new show, which is very exciting. I’ve been to visit but now I’m getting ready to make a more permanent or semi-permanent (I feel more comfortable with it when I say it like that) move.
3. So that’s a big move for you! How are you feeling about it?
You know I’m really, really nervous. I mean Sydney is my home. My bookshop is my home and all my friends are here. I’m going to miss the store, getting up and jogging every morning…everything. Still, everyone assures me I can do it and it looks like I’ll get lots of visitors because Justin has a trip planned already and so do the firls so maybe it will all be Ok.
4. I hear there’s some great vintage clothing in L.A. That has to be exciting for you.
Absolutely! I can’t wait to go shopping properly and find a place to live and explore the city.
5. I have to ask – what will happen to Muffin (that big old dog)?
Oh my goodness, that is a long, long story…you’ll have to read the next book to find out about Muffin, and about what happens with Teddy and I, because I can’t tell you because I don’t even know yet.
I’ll be doing a research trip to L.A for the sequel to Mr Right and Other Mongrels in June…so stay tuned for a release date.
Mr Right and Other Mongrels is available on Amazon.